We got together with some close friends the other night… One of noah’s co-workers and his family. They are such dear friends to our family. Their little girl is ethan’s age and watching the two of them grow up together is so sweet. Pictures like this make me realize how blessed we are.
Ethan and his little friend Hannah had a blast at Woodland Park Zoo’s Zoomazium last week. Top animal exhibit at the zoo?… the Meerkats were a big hit. They are Meercute. At times they’re still a little young at times to get excited about certain exhibits. The other day for instance, Ethan was more interested in the flies on the Plexiglas than the lions on the other side of the glass enclosure. Also a big hit at the zoo? Ethan and Hannah enjoyed crawling around in the dirt and on the ground…. who needs animals when there’s concrete to explore, right?
Life is busy and wonderful with a newborn! Our time with Ethan has been so precious and we just love how much joy he has brought into our lives. So while it’s been all too long since I’ve written anything on this site, it’s been out of complete selfishness. Yes, life is busy, and the days are full, but mostly I’m soaking up the time getting to know our little son and enjoying our family as it feels even more complete with this new life. Ethan, you are the sweetest little boy and I’m so glad I’m your mom.
So, I’m hoping to post much more frequently and even get caught up on all that has been happening in the past month. Also,thanks to my friend Stephanie for taking these amazing pictures.
> I think I made the most of our beautiful weather yesterday:
2) I bought some spring plants and flowers. This year I only bought plants good for full sun to go on our balcony because almost every year we have flowers and leaves get scorched because it gets so hot up there!
3) I planted those plants, got rid of dead plants, took inventory of the remaining pots and yay, time to go buy more plants today! It was so nice to be working outside. Here is the finished
Oregano and Lavender:
A bigger pot for our Japanese Maple and some colorful flowers :
4) I ate lunch outside on the balcony, soaking up some sun. Cut up the remaining strawberries in our fridge to share with Noah, delicious!
5) Took an hour nap… so nice!
6) Got up and met two friends at Greenlake. Of course it was packed! One friend brought her mom’s cute beagle and we walked all the way around. I’m not having many issues with pregnancy related fatigue or discomfort as of yet when I work out. The other girls are 24 and 28 weeks pregnant, and they did great!
7) Finished off the day with a late dinner at Tutta Bella.
Pretty good although the pizza wasn’t as good as it has been in the past and I was freezing the whole time!
8) Late night organizing session, condensing stuff in our hall closet while watching lame shows on demand. I love organizing!
>Noah and I went to a friend’s wedding today in La Conner, WA and it was a beautiful day to drive up there. The wedding was at a gorgeous rose garden. I was of course smitten with the dahlias, because, well… I have a thing for them. I used them in my wedding, I usually plant them each year, and I just love how they look. I would have taken more photos, but Noah is not as snap-happy as I am and there was only so much time we could spend away from the other wedding events. Congrats Natalee and Scott!
And finally, an obliging husband! 🙂
>My favorite meal we had on vacation was a perfectly prepared white fish called Opah. And it didn’t hurt that it looked good on the plate too. It had a spicy seasoning and it was lightly blackened. Yum!!
I can bake salmon and that’s about it as far as fish is concerned, and it never looks pretty either. Does anyone know some secrets to grilling/preparing fish?
Here’s a couple of other photos from that same night… my friends Heidi and Amy got King crab legs and they were awesome!