When I bought these bold prints a while back, I knew I’d use them for a baby boy project… so when I found out Emily, an old roommate of mine, was expecting a little boy this winter, I got started and had a lot of fun doing a quick little project (my first since Ruby made her debut)! I think he’ll look great snuggled up in it. Emily and Scott live in St. Louis, so I made it a little thicker for those cold winters, quilted it with uneven/ wonky straight lines and used a satin blanket binding… a first for me. I used this tutorial for attaching the binding and it worked perfectly! Here are some pictures:
With four weeks left (give or take) until our baby girl arrives, I find myself in full nesting mode… trying to get every unfinished project finished. Bedroom re-do is not anywhere close to what I’d like it to be, but it’s at a decent stopping point at least. There are babyclothes washed and ready, but other than that I have plenty of things to do baby-wise. Maybe I should pack a bag for the hospital, perhaps? So, in the midst of crossing items off the to-do list, I decided to give another big push towards finishing my red, white, blue quilt. It’s large, there are lots of blocks, I’m not really loving it yet, and as I’m furiously sewing and ironing I keep thinking, “What the heck am I doing?” I’ll post a little more on the evolution of this quilt at a later date, but here was the state of my living room floor last night:
Yep, that’s 130 disappearing nine-patch blocks that need to be sewn together if you took the time to count (not that you would). I need to get them sewn together ASAP so I can finish the quilt top… which is the bare minimum of what I’d like to get accomplished before this baby arrives, but I think I can get farther than that.
Noah’s reaction when he came home from work was priceless, “holy s, girl… you’re sure going for it.” Yep. I sure am.
In other “What the heck am I doing” news, I’ve been working on switching our blog from Blogger to WordPress… the reason for which deserves it’s own post all together. So thanks for reading this on this new site! Stay tuned!
This is the second stacked coins quilt I have finished, and boy are they different from each other! This one’s been finished for a few months, but I thought I’d put some pictures up.
The fabrics are some Amy Butler fabrics that I had been saving for the right project, and when I first spotted that gray solid (Kona Cotton Solids – Medium Grey) I knew I wanted to try something with a dark background.
It is so different from the traditional colors and cream colored sashing on the quilt that I made for my grandparents.